Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Blah, blah, blahgger

Today went pretty well. I had an older grandma as my patient, and she was cute and very easy to work with. She had no problem laying back and opening wide. The only drawback was the physician consult, but it didn't turn out to be terrible. Later I had another great lady for a patient. The only problem I came across was the fact that concavities on the straight facial aspect of molar teeth are classified as furcations, something I didn't know. But I am a student so I can learn. I feel a lot better about clinic this year, and I am glad for all of the helpful tips that the instructors give this year. I feel like the help is available and much more willing to teach. I am by no means a great hygienist yet, but I feel that 2nd year instructors will help me reach that goal.

No comments: